Friday, May 27, 2011

You Make Me Smile


 Back in April I went with a friend to a Creating Keepsakes Convention near St. Louis.  This was my first time going, and what a great time I had!  I also met Melissa Frances (a wonderful lady & breast cancer survivor!) & was able to take one of her signature classes, "Terrific Trendy Techniques" which I really enjoyed.  This was the first time I got to play with her Mica Flakes, Glass Glitter, & Crepe Paper...and Oooo it was so much fun!  We used products from her Vintage Attic Treasures line including her Postcard Album & Die Cut Labels -- I even won a set of her Glittered Chipboard Letters!  Once I learned how to make a variety of crepe paper flowers I came home and made a few more to keep on hand.  I eventually decided to use a couple of them on this card.  I love her crepe paper line--it's not like the type you buy for birthday decorations, it's a much sturdier crepe so it can take a lot more tug & pull.  If you're interested, you can check out this YouTube video of Melissa Frances at CHA.  She tells a little bit about her survival story, and shows her new line of products--Warning...once you start buying her products you'll be hooked!  Her blog has some fabulous inspiration as well -- you can check it out HERE.

For my card:  The base of the card was sprayed with my self-made pearls mist consisting of Turquoise Perfect Pearls, Tumbled Glass Distress re-inker, and water (left over from when I made Mom's Beautiful birthday tag).  I used my applicator tool and inked the sky with Stormy Sky, and the grassy area with Bundled Sage, Distress ink.  I also added a light touch of Worn Lipstick Distress ink to the pink crepe flowers before adhering to the card.  I had some leftover scraps of white crepe that I used to form the clouds, then added a sprinkling of Mica Flakes to complete the card, after stamping the butterflies & my sentiments.  The stamp sets I used were Clearly Wordsworth "Love", and CTMH "You Are Beautiful".  Oh, and I used a variety of Spica markers to color in my butterflies.


Thanks for dropping in today--
Hope you all are having a fabulously crafty day!  Lisa

2 comments:

  1. The first stamping convention I went to, I was like a little kid in a candy store! I went there with $200 in cash - Ha!Ha! Thank God for Mastercard! This card is lovely and fabulous use of Perfect Pearls! I can see a bit of sparkle and it is so pretty! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to one last weekend...just saw the vendors, didnt take any classes, They are so fun and exciting. Love this card. mica flakes are wonderful. Just used mine for the first time, I had them over a year! LOL. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!