Friday, May 20, 2011

A Surprise Visit

Mother's Day was awesome this year!  My hubby and youngest son, Cody, got me the new Cricut Expression 2 Anniversary edition and treated me to dinner at Red Lobster (one of my favorites) on Saturday night so we didn't have to wait in a long line on Sunday (my DH is very smart that way).  We also had our friend, Ruby, come into town for a visit while on temporary duty assignment here, and came to dinner with us -- which was so enjoyable.  It's always so nice having visitors, especially when you move so often. 

Sunday (Mother's Day) after church we went home and my hubby grilled out burgers & hot dogs.  Ruby came over and brought lovely pink tulips & Rocher chocolates, and more BBQ fixin's.  We had just finished eating and sat down to relax when I looked out the window and saw some guy walking up the entryway to our house with a tree.  I must've screamed out loud, because my DH and Ruby both jumped as I realized almost immediately it was my oldest son, Nathan -- he had driven 8 hours to spend a couple days with me for Mother's Day!  And he brought me a Hibiscus tree too, just on the verge of flowering.  Apparently Cody & Chris were in on this surprise, and Ruby found out just before she came over for the grill out.  Usually I'm pretty quick to pick up on surprises...but I guess not this time.  I was totally in the dark!

What a lovely Mother's day it was--I'll never forget the image of Nathan walking up to our front door.  I made him repeat it so I could take a picture...the best surprise visit ever!


The first bloom!

me & my boys

Together at last!

It was such a wonderful visit with my entire family being together -- and that's all this mother really needs!  =)

God Bless!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Now that was a Happy Mother's day! A Cricut and a special visit! How fun for you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Mothers Day celebration.!Thanks for yr sweet comments on my peony painting today. Ohh in my mug is usually Chai tea, nothing stronger. LOL. gerri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!