Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Price of a Flower Pot Card


A bouquet for Mom

I thought these Flower Pot Cards would be pretty for Mother's Day, but as I was still working on our tea party for church I ended up making them last minute.  AND since I was going in with my sisters for both my Mother & Mother inlaw, the cards had to arrive in time.  So each card cost me over $15 -- not to make, but to send!  Why?  Because I procrastinated in sending them out. 

Yep, my fault...the cost to make them, however was incredibly better.  LOL.  I was able to use various paper scraps to complete the flowers and just added a brad to secure them together.  A few pop dots added a bit of dimension, Martha Stewart's Star Burst border punch distinguished the flower pot, a little inking around all the edges, and the cards were complete. 

Splitcoast Stampers has an easy to follow tutorial for making these cute flower pot cards HERE.  I used my Cricut to cut out the flower pieces, and leafy branches with the Straight from the Nest cartridge, & cut "Happy Mother's Day" using the 2010 Mother's Day cart. 

Thankfully I have a very understanding hubby, who knew how busy I was with the tea party--so I didn't get much grief about the costly cards.  Although, I'm supposed to remember not to do that again.  =)

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA - Just in case you thought you saw this posting earlier, you probably did--I guess when Blogger went down last week this post got deleted from my blog, including all the comments.  I just realized it, so I'm reposting it today.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely flower pot cards! You truly are a creative soul! Not to mention a generous soul! Thank you so much for the lovely card and adorable boxed set of tea conversation cards! Too sweet of you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!