Friday, November 4, 2011

Book of Treasures - Star Wars

Can you find the Secret Pocket?

If you've been following along, I'm going through each page layout of the interactive mini, The Martinacious Book of Treasures  -- I didn't want to overload you with photos & information in just one post.  I made this book for my five year old nephew based on a survey I asked him to complete (with his parents assistance).  If you need to catch up, you can click on the links below:


Today I'm sharing a bit about the Star Wars page layout.  The Star Wars licensed paper I used was the foiled "Star Wars" titled blue cardstock (CS), and a 12x12 sheet that had a variety of black & red targets and blue & green silhouettes.  I used most of the silhouettes CS on this layout, and elsewhere in the book, and only half of the titled 12x12 CS. 



I used my 1 1/2" (3.81cm) & 1 1/4" (3.17cm) circle punch to punch out the round silhouettes and scissor-cut some of the target shapes, then I added some of his friend's names (from his survey), and phrasing, to a few of the silhouettes with a fine point Sharpie.  I used brads to move some of the silhouettes and targets for an interactive feature, before securing them to the page.  I cut a portion of the silhouettes CS for mini pockets to hold the "Property of" tags, and adhered them in place with Score-Tape adhesive on two sides only.


The "Property Of" tags, and the bookbag tags were printed onto Brochure paper for a nice finished print, and I used my Your Story to laminate the bookbag tags.  I found these great Lego Star Wars printables from Amy Locurto's fabulous website, Living Locurto.  They were a free pdf download which you can find HERE


The "secret pocket" card fits cosily on the right side of the page.  I just attached one of the silhouettes with a single strip of Score-Tape so the curved portion of the green tab allows it to slip snugly over the page into the pocket I created with my binding (more on the binding in a later post).  I used a silver gel pen to hand-write the words and corner-rounded the edges.


And finished the pocket card with a spiritual twist in the "Life Force Power".  Did ya see that comin'?  =) 

Thank you for following along...I'll be posting Batman's page layout coming up. 
Stay Tuned...
Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!