Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Book of Treasures - Batman


A quick post today for the Batman page layout of the Martinacious Book.  I used several printables for these pages.  You can google Batman printables and you will find many options.  I got most of mine at the Coloring Pages website.  They have quite a lot to offer for a variety of subjects...including Super Heroes.  I stapled a sheet of  glittered vellum, sized about 1/2" smaller than my page layout, to the center of the page, and glued the printable "Bat Signal" to the center.


On the left side of the layout I created another pocket out of clear plastic (transparency) and tucked in a few coloring pages, as well as a tag I printed & laminated. 

The back of the tag says, "You Are Commissioned!
Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.  Mark 16:15"
"Property of Marty, AKA Faithful Servant"

I wrote with a silver gel pen on the black cardstock, and added another printable, before adhering the clear pocket that holds the coloring pages & tag.  That way if everything is removed from the pocket there isn't a blank book page. 


The right side of the page layout was reserved for the Magic Coloring Page, in keeping with the coloring theme I created for Batman.  I used my computer to manipulate the printable into a black & white image, and printed it on transparency.  I printed the same sized image in color onto white cardstock.  The result shows the picture magically being colored as the tab is pulled upwards.  Pretty cool! 


Splitcoast Stampers has a similar method to creating this Magic Coloring Page using stamped images.  You can find the directions HERE for Splitcoast Stamper's "Magic Card". 

If you've missed the other posts for The Martinacious Book of Treasures, you can find them by clicking on the following links:


I'm nearly finished with the posts for the mini book pages and I already have a backlog of other posts I'm working on as well...including my own version of the popular "Smash" book which I call..."Lisa's Fragmented Book". 

With Thanksgiving nearly here, and Christmas on the way, I've been super busy in the craft room -- make sure you check in from time to time.   

Thanks for stopping by today!  Lisa

2 comments:

  1. ok, after seeing this I am soooooooo looking forward to seeing what you do with "Lisa.s Fragnented Book", I love the title to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow Batman! I am sorry, could not resist! Darling little book and I am looking forward to the next! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!