Along with the informal tea I also made a satchel type purse (more on that in another post) I thought would be nice to have on the tables for each of the attendees. It was with this satchel, and our teatime treats, that we jointly came up with the idea of integrating "Mary Poppins" into our tea party--and so, we aptly named our Mother-Daughter tea: "A Supercalifragilistic Proper English Tea"!
First things first--the invitation! Now I was thinking a nice invite in the church bulletin would be okay...but apparently individual invitations have been mailed out for quite a few years. So in keeping with that tradition, I made our invitations on MS Word. While I would've liked to have made them by hand, there just wouldn't have been enough time to make 150! I used Google to find some images and created my own template on Word. It was time consuming as I hadn't used Word for this capacity until now, but I was pleased with the outcome. I printed them on parchment paper and Audra helped get them ready for mailing--Thanks Audra!!
Our theme ideas included: Mary Poppins, daisies, umbrellas, theme title, satchels, invites, colors (lime green, yellow & white/black), table designs, and guest speaker. I think we accomplished quite a lot in just a couple hours time. Not too shabby!