Sunday, June 12, 2011

Krafty Distress Tag

Today I'm showing a Tag using Kraft Glassine Paper & Distress Ink for two blog challenges:  Linda at Studio L3 is continuing Grungy Monday with #10 using Distress Ink, and for Simon Says Stamp & Show creating a Tag.  I'm using Tim Holtz distress ink techniques, and decided to also use Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine paper as well.  He recently published a post that gave step-by-step techniques on how to work with this fabulous paper...check it out HERE.

I used one of his embossing folders to emboss the tag, and then applied Chipped Sapphire distress ink on both sides with blending foam.  For the Kraft Glassine I stamped Tim's Umbrella Man stamp for the image then heated the paper as Tim demonstrated on his blog--I loved it so much that I decided to add a quote as well.  I crinkled the glassine a bit and added more distress ink and then...my favorite touch...I used another TH embossing folder to emboss another Umbrella Man slightly askew to give it some extra dimension!  I think it looks like a "rain shadow"...but that's probably just me.  lol.  Finished off the front with some Jute and blue velvet ribbon before using TH Tiny Attacher add staples holding the glassine in place.

For the back I added a quote I just love from C.S. Lewis on vellum, over some Bo Bunny cardstock...adding again more Distress ink.  I kept this tag fairly simple by using only one color Distress ink -- and I'm pleased with the outcome. 


 I'm adding this to my son's Memory Book, which is turning out so much better than I'd hoped!  I can't wait for you to see it--soon.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a lovely day!  Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa,
    this is beautiful. love how you did the back too, I never think of that. thanks fopr posting my blog candy and all your lovely comments this weekend. I was out and about going to yardsales this weekend picking up laces, netting and tiny treasures...spending so little but enjoying it so much! take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so wanted to pull out my glassine paper and you SOOO have inspired me to do so!! Thank you

    BTW......wonderful tag!!

    THANKS bunches for playing along with the teamies of Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, this is a truly wonderful tag-- the Kraft Glassine looks amazing-- so perfectly vintage, and the texture you added to the background just adds to the rich look. It has a rustic, dreamy feel that's so cool! Well done-- you rocked GM10!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!