Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cats & Nursery Rhymes

A bit of playful fun - Cat & the Fiddle - for Hannah
I know I've been behind blogging this week -- I've been working on a Mother-Daughter Tea for our church.  I'll post the specifics for the projects, and pictures, once the event is completed in May--I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for anyone.  But just as a teaser I can tell you we named our tea time "A Supercalifragilistic Proper English Tea".  =)

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a quick card I made for my friend's daughter, Hannah.  They have some fun cats in their family--we used to watch them bounce off walls & shelves, and laugh at the funny things these cats would come up with.  So I had to include a cat in my birthday card! 

I absolutely LOVE the Nursery Rhymes cricut cartridge!  Even though my kids are older, I just couldn't resist all the great cut files for this cartridge.  I'm sure I'll find lots of ways to put this cartridge to use.  As for this card:  I used my Cricut to cut the Cat & Fiddle figure from a spice color cardstock (CS), and cut the base shadow blackout using a darker brown CS.  I inked the edges of the detailed cut with vintage photo distress ink, adding extra for the fiddle area.  Then I used Glossy Accents over the fiddle to give it a polished look (it's not easy to see in this photo unfortunately), and tied a ribbon around the cat's neck, before adhering it to the shadow base.  I used a white pigment ink to lightly dust around the edges of the dark brown CS. 

My CS base is Best Creations CS (I believe--it was in my stash), and I added a strip of magenta CS to break up the design a bit...also adding more white pigment ink, after distressing it's edges.  I added a bright pink May Arts ribbon, and a glittery "H" to finish the front of the card.  On the inside I cut phrase "Cat & The Fiddle", inked it with a bit of vintage photo, and applied diamond stickles for a bit of a sparkle effect.  I didn't cut the shadow for the phrase, as I wanted it to sort of blend into the card a bit. 

I probably don't use my Cricut often enough for card making, but I need to.  I couldn't believe how quickly this card came together  -- good thing too...I was already belated as it was!

Thanks for stopping by!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!