Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bland to Grungy Grand iPad Jacket

From bland...
I finally got tired of looking at my bland, black iPad jacket and decided to give it a bit of life.  My DH says he likes it because it tells a story, but when I offered to do one for his he promptly informed me that he likes his plain black jacket just the way it is.  Okay then, so I'll just show you mine. 

...to Grungy Grand!
I used Tim Holtz Lost & Found paper stash cut to fit within the creased sections.  The inCase jacket converts into an easel for better viewing, so I didn't add any dimensionals to the vintage style papers I used.  Instead I stamped some silhouette images and phrases, added a couple stickers, and finished with a touch of Distress ink.  It really was quite simple to make, but I'm very pleased with the outcome. 

I adhered the finished cardstock (CS) to the jacket with Scor-tape, and it holds it very well.  Later down the road if I want to change the look again, I'll just remove it and add another.  And if you're wondering how I'll remove the CS without tearing it up, check out my recent Sip n' Tip Tuesday tutorial (of course I'd remove the cover from the iPad before starting the removal process).

That was a pretty quick post for my most recent "Re-do".  Whatcha think? 

As always, thanks for stopping by.
Happy Crafting!  Lisa

1 comment:

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!