Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When They Were Young - Gypsy Card

We can all remember some type of drama when we were growing up.  Whether it was our own drama or someone else's--there's no getting around the fact that teenagers are full of drama.  Fortunately, I have two boys, so the drama is a bit underwhelming (for the most part--thankfully).  My hubby calls me DQ (and that doesn't stand for "Dairy Queen")...being the oldest of six kids, and the only girl in our current household (except for my Lucky girl poodle), you can believe that I create(d) my own drama. 

ANYway...I wanted to send my sister a "thinking of you" card -- since she also has six kids I thought she might need it (LOL) -- so I pulled out my Gypsy and played around with the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge.  I love the cute baby silhouette, so I welded them together holding hands/feet, and cut out layers for their outfits.  I used a bit of distress ink to add color to the baby faces and outfits, before mounting it onto a piece of deco cardstock.  I added stickles for the baby bows and their initials, stamped "Remember When", and finished with a velvet flocked bow.  I didn't line up the faces/outfits perfectly, as I liked the look of it better a bit off kilter.  I embossed an envelope with my Cuttlebug, inked roughly over the edges, and sent it on its way.  Ah, the good ol' dayz...

1 comment:

  1. Lisa "DQ"...first, I'll follow you anywhere my love.

    This blog is such a great idea for you. You are so creative!

    I remember when you made this, I thought it was a brillant idea, especially for your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!