Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Monochromatic Card & A Quick Glue Fix

This just might be my first monochromatic card!
I've been working on several cards and projects this week for the Cricut Circle Challenges, for their blogaversary.  This particular card is for the Monochromatic Color Challenge -- basically light & dark shades of one color.  Typically black would've been added for darker shades, and white for the lighter varied shades.  The Cricut carts I used:  Thanksgiving cart for the "wheat", and "Thankful" from Teresa Collins Sophisticated cartridge.

If you saw my recent Anniversary Card with the TIP about Glimmer Mist Containment, you may have remember I pointed out that in gluing some of the letters for "Always & Forever" there was some glue seepage, which looked a little messy when it dried.  I usually like using a glue pen for those smaller pieces, but lately I've really liked using my Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, which is a wet glue.  The problem is that I get in a hurry and sometimes put too much on, and it seeps out from under the smaller pieces. 

So here's my TIP for today:  Before the wet glue dries...just add a bit of glitter, or flocking.  When the glue dries I simply brush off any remaining loose glitter.  It works great to camoflauge the glue, and adds a bit of texture to your project as well.  In this card I used Martha Stewart's tinsel glitter, I just thought it added to the wheat & harvest theme.  You can use this tip for dry ahesive as well, but stay tuned for another great adhesive tip next week -- another idea for removing stray dry adhesive (and one I use all the time).  =)

For more information about Cricut Circle membership, and finding out about getting some Sneak Peaks each month, click HERE.  If you're not a member of Cricut Circle, not to worry -- you can find lots of inspiration on the Cricut Blog, open to everyone.  On the Cricut Blog's right sidebar, you can view projects posted by a particular cartridge.  You can do the same thing in my sidebar under Search LoveLee Notes, by typing the name of the cartridge you're interested in.  If I have made a project with that cartridge, you'll be able to see all projects I've made with that cart.  And it's updated after each blog post so you don't miss a thing.  =)

I've got a few more projects to share, so I better scoot along for now. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!