Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hay Is For Horses & Greetin Your Neighbor


Cricut Circle Exclusive Cartridge - Pop-Up Neighborhood
Happy Blogaversary to the Cricut Circle Blog!  I am happy to be part of the Cricut Circle membership as one of their charter members.  There are some great benefits to being a Circle member which you can check out HERE, and even find out about some sneak peaks into what is going on at the Circle blog.  If you're looking for some more Cricut inspiration you can check out more on the Cricut Blog while you're there.  I don't always use my Cricut exclusively for creating, I kinda go in spurts, but I do Love it's versatility!  And I also don't always use the image as it was intended on the cartridge -- which gives me a lot more creativity.  Check out the Masks of the Manor I made for halloween last year (using the French Manor cartridge) and you'll see what I mean.  =)

For this card, I used Cricut Circle Cartridge, "Pop-up Neighborhood" for the images, and Plantin Schoolbook for the letters.  Super easy really...my background paper was blue & green cardstock (CS) with a dark brown torn out for the dirt road.  I used the scarecrow for the driver and added varied cuts of hay to the back of the truck -- cutting slits in it to nestle snugly between the truck rails. I added a bit of Tea Dye ink to the truck to give it a touch of "off-road" dirt, and added a bit of inking here & there for added intensity.  A play on words made this card complete.

Hay Ya'll...be sure to stop by anytime...good neighbor!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!