Saturday, November 20, 2010

Making Cards - Color Me Happy!

I love making cards!  It's one of those "crafty" things that always takes me to that Happy place...speaking of which, I'm running rather late this time adding my post to this week's challenge over at Simon Says Stamp & Show.  This week the challenge was--"Whatever Makes You Happy", and for me, making cards definitely fits that challenge.  But what makes me even happier, is to sneak in a bit of repurposing while I'm at it.  Oh, yeah!

For this card:  I used standard white cardstock for the base, covering the front with deco paper from the DCWV Holiday Collection, Winter Matstack (collection of winter words) leaving a small border.  I stamped my snowflakes & message (CTMH New Fallen Snow stamp set) with VersaMark & clear embossing powder & covered the entire card with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink.  I used a silver Uniball gel pen for some added snow splatter, & added a taffeta wired ribbon.  Finally...I repurposed a Christmas card I received last year by cutting out the tree image and adding pop dots to make it stand out.  

I love that the snowy words are in the background lurking behind the Chipped Sapphire, while the embossed snowflakes reveal a bit more.  How "cool" is that?!  =)

Thanks for stopping by!  Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Adorable. Love how you made the tree! Thanks for entering the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely card! reminds me i should get started on mine! LOL thanks for your kind com on my blog and have fun making your CCC #23!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!