Friday, December 16, 2011

O Holy Night


I recently picked up this stamp, "O Holy Night" by Inkadinkado, for 99cents -- and I just love it.  I paired it with the angel stamp from Tim Holtz' Joyful Song collection and was pleased with the outcome. 

I used a soft white cardstock for my base, and cut out a matching mat -- corner rounded all the edges.  I stamped O Holy Night with Archival black ink directly onto the mat, and used Stormy Sky Distress Ink to blend into the background.  I stamped one angel in black Archival ink, and the other in the new seasonal Distress ink, Iced Spruce.  For both angels, I mixed a bit of Sunflower Sparkle perfect pearls with water and painted them (if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll see the Perfect Pearls a lot better).  Once dry, I cut the angels out and used mounting foam (pop dots) to adhere them to the cards.

I used Copic markers to color the O Holy Night stamp (with the Iced Spruce angel), and I painted with Distress inks for the other card.  I added a touch of gold Spica pens for the stars and for the card that shows a misting of gold stars raining down, I used the perfect pearls again.  The inside sentiments read, "Come Let Us Adore Him".

I think my favorite is the card in which I used the Archival ink on the angel.  Which is your favorite?
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!