Monday, March 14, 2011

Thank you for the Tea


A variety of tea from:  Australia, Turkey, Korea, England, & Canada
In the cup?  Turkish Green Apple Tea -- SO Yummy!
Thinking of You "bagged tea samples" I'll be sending out with a card.
 I love sitting down with a hot cuppa tea almost any time of the day -- I've acquired so much tea that I'm constantly trying something new; of course I also have particular teas I drink for that perfect "me moment" as well.  But not all my friends/family are so into tea like I am--I guess living in England for five years really got me hooked.  One of the nice things about being military is moving around--you probably don't hear that too often, but I love to spend time in each new location visiting new places/making new friends.  I've been blessed being able to meet people from all over the world, and I've made some wonderful friends chatting over a lovely cuppa tea.  It's fantastic when they send me tea from a new duty assignment, or in some cases from their own country -- I enjoy trying new types of tea, but more importantly I'm thankful to be remembered.   [Sending big hugs & thank yous for my most recent gifts of tea -- Pete & Rachael, Autumn, Kate, & Suzi.]


In my family neither my husband, nor my sons are tea drinkers.  But on occasion my hubby will sit down with me and drink a cuppa Cinnamon Apple tea from Australia, or my Christmas Spiced Tea (sort of like wassail).  And I've only been able to get Cody to drink a very small cuppa Strawberry & Cream tea from England, while Nathan's only interested in iced tea -- but that doesn't mean I don't keep trying.  ha ha...

Later this week I'm meeting up with a new friend...yep--over a cuppa!  I think its a great way to chat and get to know someone.  Mind you--not all my friends drink tea, so I always have coffee or hot chocolate on hand.  But at the end of the day, it's not what you're sipping that brings friends/family together...it's minimizing the distractions and enjoying the conversation.  Now doesn't that sound good right about now?

Stay tuned tomorrow...I've got something tea-licious up my sleeve.

Drink Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!