Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quick Card - Purple & Glitter Pink

My card stash has dwindled down quite low, and with so many birthdays this month I thought I better get something accomplished.  I usually have a hard time working with purple, but I have a friend who really likes this color-- so I thought I'd go with a "mostly" monochromatic card in varying shades of...purple, and a touch of glitter pink.  Actually this was a pretty quick card.  I used a purple cardstock base, and made my mat from white cardstock already embossed with cupcakes.  I used Distress Inks:  dusty concord & milled lavender which I blended on to the white cardstock--the embossed design acts as a resist and the cupcakes popped.  I wrapped a wire ribbon bow to the front and added a paper ribbon with the stamped sentiment.  Finished it off with a glittery initial, for my friend Rachael.  I made the envelope from lavender scrapbook paper and stamped Happy Birthday with CTMH Greeting Script stamp set. 

Now...I'm off to the post office, and back with another quick card tomorrow. 
Happy Crafting!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!