Friday, March 18, 2011

A Card to Celebrate Today

I don't usually use a lot of orange, but I loved this two-toned cardstock.  Dark orange on one side/light orange on the other and has a linen texture to it; sort of a coming-into-Spring type of look -- it's Graceful Geranium, double color, by WorldWin papers from their DoubleMates line.  I picked it up at a LSS because I really liked the colors.

I embossed the front of the card with the Ornamental Iron embossing folder and sanded a bit of the front, thinking the lighter orange would show through--it didn't.  So I used CTMH Key Lime ink and lightly swiped it over the raised edges, before sporadically adding CTMH White Daisy pigment ink--which gave my mint green ribbon a helping hand in popping the card.  I don't know why, but I just love this color combination--I think it looks refreshing. 

I cut the wings from Tim Holtz Heart Wings die, and the crest & banner from TH Regal Crest die.  I used Antique Linen & Tea Dye distress inks to add a bit of distressed color to the die cut pieces before stamping with black Adirondack Archival Ink. I stamped the wings with CTMH Butterfly Wings stamp set, the dragonfly with CTMH Butterfly Kiss stamp set, and "Celebrate Today" with CTMH Today's Date stamp set.  Finally I used Rock Candy crackle medium to glaze over the wings and crest, though it may be a bit hard to see in the photo.

For the envelope, I quick-swiped my stamp pad (CTMH Taffy) around the perimeter of the envelope and stamped using black archival ink and CTMH Doodle Alphabet.  I also used my Spica Copic markers to color the doodles in.  I love the mica in the Spica alcohol markers...gives it just the finest hint of sparkle when tilted in the light. 

And that's it.  Because I used my Cuttlebug to emboss & die cut, this card came together very quickly.  So now I'm off to work on another project I've been playing around with. 

Enjoy your weekend--the weather's sure to be better soon.  =)
Lisa

NOTE:  Anytime you don't know an abbreviation I've used, click on the page link (next to "home", under the title block) for a list of Blog Acronyms.  Hopefully you find all you need to know and more.

1 comment:

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!