Monday, February 14, 2011

Maritial Bliss is a 50/50 Treat

Happy Valentines Day blog friends!  I gotta tell ya...I love anything romantic, but I married the perfect guy to also have fun.  He makes me laugh all the time, which is probably why I feel much younger than I am.  To whit...the other day I was browsing the valentine/candy aisle and came across this 50/50 candy bar--50% his, 50% hers, called the "Martial Bliss Bar".  Of course everyone knows that to keep a marriage happy, the wife needs her chocolate (at least that's they way I've always heard it).  That candy bar says it all...as long as hubby knows what constitutes his "50%" (more like 30%), the marriage should be pure marital bliss!  LOL  So sorry...but I just couldn't resist that candy bar (nor the pun).  So I made this Pull-up Treat wrapper for my hubby for Valentines day--with, of course, the candy bar nestled inside!  There's a great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers website to make this treat wrapper, I just modified it a bit to fit the size of the candy I used. 

Simon Says Stamp has their current challenge for Anything But a Card until Wednesday, for which I entered this treat wrapper.  I don't always have time to do many challenges, but when I do I always like to check out Simon Says Stamp & Studio L3 (see previous blog post). 

For this project the following supplies were used: 

Tim Holtz (TH) Vintage Shabby Paper Stash inked with Black Soot & Walnut Stain Distress Ink (DI)
"1" "4" textured grungeboard inked with Aged Mahogany DI
"I am so lucky" & "you make me smile" stamps by Clearly Wordsworth
clear stamp "love"
TH Philosophy Tags "Cherish"
TH Journaling Tickets
black satin ribbon
May Arts ribbon, red

I hope you all get to have a little fun today!  Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the texture on the #s and how you have the ticket under/over them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...this is fab and I absolutely love that fun chocolate bar...tooo cute!!! I wouldn't have been able to resist it either...gorgeous pull-up treat wrapper...love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for sharing! Will try to make it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!