In the meantime, I needed a couple of birthday cards so I decided to give the flower petals a test run. What's great about this bouquet is that I was able to use both front/back sides of the petal for some additional variance in color & texture.
I used a basic light gray cardstock for the card base and added a mat using an older style paper from Anna Griffin's collection. I detoured the color for the fibers to a teal as opposed to the hue of green shown in the silk leaves -- I just liked the way it added a bit more intense color to the cards (if you crop out the green leaves in the background, the teal looks so much better-LoL). I tied to the bow to resemble leaves, used brads to secure the flower petals, added a bit of tinsel glitter to the fibers on one of the cards, and finished with three small rhinestones. For the quotes on the front of the cards, I used my own handwriting and a sharpie following the stems of the flowers on the designer paper.
|What a difference the Glossy Accents make -- IMO|
After I took the initial picture for this blog post I just thought something was missing. So I decided to add some Glossy Accents to some of the flower elements on the designer paper to finish the look. Once the Glossy Accents is dry it gives it a raised glassy effect -- which I liked as a "filler" for the look of the card.
I already have a few ideas brewin' for some other projects using these flowers -- I'm thinking I'll save those for a rainy day. =)
Happy Weekend! Lisa