Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wish We Were There


Not your average postcard(s)!  Week 4 of the Summer of Creative Chemistry was my inspiration for these next postcards - and yes, I'm on a Postcard kick, but these could very easily be cards, or added to journals or scrapbook pages, cut into tags, and more.  It really is a great substrate to work with for a one-layer card - and postage is so much less to send out.  AND as a bonus, you just might inspire a postal worker with your creativity.

If you don't want to buy the watercolor postcards I mentioned in an earlier post, you can make your own, as I did with these cards, with heavy cardstock (or in my case, glossy cardstock).  You can draw lines on the back with a ruler for the address and simply add a postcard stamp to mail.  There are also a variety of stamp sets available for purchase to create postcards as well.  You can simply go onto Amazon and type in the search engine "Postcard Stamp" in Arts & Crafts and several come up for purchase.


I used Tim Holtz' Alcohol Ink Agate technique for these postcards. We have friends that live in Australia and we've been very blessed to be able to visit - so of course, I'll have to send this card to them.  For the Sydney Australia skyline I used TH Cityscape stamp set.  I used Meadow, Lettuce, Pesto, Stream, Cloudy Blue, Snow Cap, & Silver alcohol inks, and hand wrote the message with a sharpie.  Looks like I picked up bits of pink ink as well from my craft sheet when I created the other postcard.

I stamped a second generation stamping upside down below the skyline, and smudged it a bit for effect.  However that ended up smudging the Sydney Harbour Bridge before it was dry.  But I still liked the effect, and I don't like to waste anything - so I'm okay with the imperfections.  And I do know the skyline doesn't match up, but I still think it's cool.


For my last postcard I used Shell Pink, Butterscotch, and Wild Plum alcohol inks, as well as the following Tim Holtz stamp sets:  Birds and Baubles, Crazy Talk, and Shabby French (one of my most favorite stamp sets!).  In hindsight, I wish I would've stamped the smaller chandelier from the Shabby French stamp set and offset it a bit to the left - but I'm okay with it.  Oh - almost forgot, I used a second generation stamping to get the script background to be lighter.  And I used the script stamp from the Tim Holtz "Letter to Santa" stamp set.  I love that stamp with the delicate script.

Well, that's all for today.  You might want to consider making your own postcard and mailing it to someone special - you will really make their day!

1 comment:

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!