|My finished Art Journal pages|
|You can still see the bursts of colorspray|
I was covering up, in this photo,
but they're not so prominent in the
For my journal pages, I repurposed tissue paper from a store that had used it to wrap something breakable in. It already had a printed motif on it, but I cut the design pieces out and randomly adhered them to my already painted & stencil pages (up to this point, I had slightly covered up some random color sprays with gesso and Archival ink...and added a Dylusion stencil for the border). I added distress ink with a foam applicator over the tissue paper, then partially colored some of the images with distress markers. For added dimension & effect I also colored with Souffle & Glaze pens.
I didn't have UTEE (ultra thick embossing powder) readily available, so I added extra Glossy Accents to the flower embellishments, in its place, to create the faux UTEE effect. I finished off the pages with some stamped sentiments (CTMH) & a stamped compass embellishment using the same faux UTEE effect...which took an extra coating, and lots of drying time (one of the down sides of not having the UTEE available). I had made extra of the compass embellishments from a Tag Swap for ATT a while back, and it came in handy for this page.
|Glossy Accents helped give these flowers the look of UTEE|
Pleasant dreams! Lisa