Friday, May 25, 2012

Washi Paper Art Journal Page

Thanks Mhel!
I was having tea with a friend the other day, on her birthday, and guess what she brought Me?  Washi Paper! She bought when her family was stationed in Japan awhile ago, but since she hadn't used it she thought I might be able to use it my crafts.  Wasn't that so sweet?!  Since I've been working in my art journal I thought what's a better place to incorporate an artistic styled memory.  I love having an art journal where I can incorporate things like that. 

So this is my collage page of washi paper, combined with mini Sakura Glaze hearts, & a large glittered heart covered with Glossy Accents.  I used a bit of antique linen distress ink to steer it away from a stark white page, but I left just bits of the white showing through for added variance.  The collaged effect is great when you're trying to break up a busy design. 

Hope you can enjoy today with friend too.  Lisa

1 comment:

  1. That was very sweet of your friend and you have put these papers to such great use! Love this journal page! Have a great Memorial Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!