The tag I created is for Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of 2012. Love the tutorial he has on his blog for this tag for blending the paint onto the collaged tag. It looks like I have a lot going on, but this tag was relatively simple to put together (check out Tim's website HERE for step by step instructions). I started with a manila #8 tag, which you can also cut using TH Tag & Bookplate die. I glued on the Melange Tissue Wrap collage paper -- LOVE this paper...and used Red Pepper & Pool paint dabbers as shown in Tim's tutorial, and edged the tag with the Pebble paint dabber for a slight shadowing effect. I used a blending tool to add a bit more color using Peacock Feathers & Festive Berries distress ink, before spraying Sunflower Sparkle perfect pearls mist over the tag.
The pre-cut grungeboard was painted with Snow Cap paint dabber before adding my custom colored glitter. The glitter recipe I used was: 1 Tbsp. Distress Rock Candy dry glitter, 5 drops Butterscotch, 2 drops Caramel, and 1 drop Latte alcohol inks. I wanted close to a golden "cheer" effect -- and I like the way it seems to brighten up the tag. I used the Snow Cap paint dabber to add bits of white "snow" color to the glittered pieces, and added a piece of snowflake tissue tape from the top of the tag...adding a bit more Snow Cap paint before stamping "countdown" in black archival ink. I used an old Dymo tape gun to print "Christmas 2012" on some blue stared plastic tape I found at a thrift store a while back.
For the ticket, I used a favorite technique of mine...Watercolor Embossed Stamping. First I inked the ticket stamp, from TH Odds & Ends stamp set, with Peacock Feathers and stamped it off onto scrap paper, then with the remaining ink left on the stamp I spritzed it well with water & stamped it again onto white, lightweight cardstock -- holding it in place for about 20 seconds so the water seeps into the fibers of the paper. It gives it an undefined watercolor look, and as it dries the water raises the areas the watercolor has touched giving it a faux embossed feel to the cardstock. After the cardstock was dry I overstamped with black archival ink, sprayed it with Sunflower Sparkle, cut it out, and distressed the edges. A piece of cobweb tissue tape was added to the corner, the date was circled in red ink, and the ticket was attached it to the tag with tiny attacher staples. Finally, the tag was finished with white seam binding ribbon & TH Tinsel Twine.
Now I guess I better get this posted before my countdown tag changes numbers...again (yep, I initially had the wrong number of days glued down -- but realized it before it could do any damage). Ha!
Thanks for stopping by. Lisa