Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Son's Origami Rose

Happy Valentines Day!  Our morning started out with heart-shaped Strawberry-Banana Pancakes, Strawberry Syrup, & Strawberry Milk.  Yum!  I met my hubby for lunch, and tonight will be heart-shaped pizzas -- my guys let me get away with it since it's a "romantic" holiday.  LOL

I wanted to share something my son made for his friend...who is a girl.  =)  He made an origami rose!  I am so proud of him.  He knew exactly what he wanted to do and he did it well.  I made the box to hold the rose & we tied it with ribbon for the presentation. 

Cody said he wanted "petal dust" for the rose -- I really didn't know what he meant.  But I did have some Perfect Pearls...so he compromised and used that instead.  He painted Blush Perfect Pearls on the white rose, and shadowed the green stem with Forever Green Perfect Pearls.  For the final burst of shimmer he sprayed Glimmer Mist "Pearl" over the entire rose.  It looked amazing!


 Not sure if you're able to see the shimmer on the photo, but it really looked great.  I made the box using 12 x 24" cardstock cut down to size, and used my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Box Shaper to make the box. 
 The rose was nestled in green tissue paper and fit perfectly.  I forgot to take a picture of the box wrapped with the bow, but we used a shimmered pink & silver ribbon to tie it up.  He left for school with the box, and a feeling of accomplishment.  I love that he decided to make this gift.  Can you tell?  ;-)  By the way, if you're wanting to make this rose, you can find directions for it on YouTube.


My guys each gave me red rose (3) w/balloon & bear, and we'll be having a lovely night together.  Can't forget the strawberry jello jiggler hearts -- add a dollop of cream and we'll call it a day!

I hope your day has been lovely too!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!