Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lovely Goodies

RAK - Random Act of Kindness: When someone gives or receives an act of kindness or generosity..."just because"!

My hubby left for TDY (temp duty assignment) almost a month ago now, and I just had to post some RAK's I received from some blog readers/friends that have blessed me while Chris is gone.

The same day he left I got a package in the mail from Mary, in Australia, with two awesome "Tim" inspired tags she had created. The first day he leaves on assignment is always a hard one, and it really made my day to receive her RAK package that very same day--thank you, Mary! You can check out Mary's artful "museum" blog HERE.

The next week I got a lovely package of flowers to play/craft with from Gerri Herbst.  Watch for some of those in some upcoming posts--Gerri gave me some great ideas on ways to use them.  She uses these in her fabulous works of art as well. Thank you, Gerri!  You'll want to go "treasure" hunting at Gerri's amazing blog HERE.

Then I met up with one of my new friends (& blog reader), Arlene, for breakfast after her trip back from Hawaii. She brought me back some absolutely delicious Mango Maui tea, a Starbucks Card with Hawaii on it (my DH is going to be SO jealous--hee hee), some yummy chocolate covered Macadamian nuts (which I ate too fast to include in the photo), and an organizer for some desk supplies. We also exchanged some Cricut carts as well--and that's always fun! Thank you so much Arlene!

I've also received phone calls, and visits from friends/family as well...it's wonderful just to know someone is thinking of you.  And a special shout out to my dear friend, Marilyn & her family for helping out with Cody while I worked. 

Consider blessing someone you know with an RAK, it just might make their day -- just as these friends have brightened mine!

Blessings, Lisa

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo how fun for you! It is a wonderful feeling to give and to receive something unexpected! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Lisa,
    you are so kind to mention me in your post. I will be posting later today and mentioning your adorable tea house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your LoveLee Comments!